Places to Visit

Built in 1881, the Priory Hotel has been restored into a Colonial Bar and restaurant, all with period furniture. On the first Saturday of the month, the Priory Hotel holds its Monthly Markets. Set in the Priory gardens, locals sell their wares with plenty of arts and crafts.

Why not visit the Irwin District Museum, here you can learn all about the original pioneers and the building itself is also steeped in history. Built in 1870, it served as a police station, courthouse and jail. Open Mon-Fri 10am-4pm.

Set back to the 1860’s and visit the Russ Cottage, built in the late 1860's, it was restored by the Irwin District Historical Society. Have a walk around its pristine gardens or take a tour throughout the building. Opening times and more information can be found on their website.

The Fisherman's Lookout-Obelisk at Port Denison offers panoramic views of the harbour and surrounds. A boardwalk surrounds the Obelisk to allow easy viewing and a great way to see a beautiful sunset.

For more information on any of the above places to visit, please contact the Visitors Information Centre on PH 9927 1404 or visit their website